The Positive Future of Retail Stores. That can be managed quickly.
Reinventing retail - Stores that don't sell or Zero inventory retail.
This is a solution within the reach of every brick and mortar retailer. Very quickly because tech platforms are available. And at a low cost.
Use COVID to make all our stores into places to ONLY visit to experience the product.
ZERO sales in-store. All sales are on eCommerce.
A solution P&L account (investors and CFOs) will love.
1. Few large warehouses and smaller stores
2. No logistics to stores and reverse logistics.
3. No micro-management of inventory at thousands of locations.
4. Little micro-management of store operations.
5. Stores add financial value - save the cost of eCommerce returns.
1. Make product on-demand in local factories
2. Zero inventory retail
Is this a model that will reduce inventory risk? Reduce working capital? Increase staffing for delivery? Mimic the ZARA manufacturing Model (imagine a 5-month invisible inventory in the current retail chains)?
This is where technology companies will need to craft innovative tech implementation strategies using innovative proposals.
Makes Walmart purchase of Bonobos prescient.